1.2 For the purpose of European Union Data Protection legislation, we are the data controller.
2. The information collected and used
3. What information is collected
3.1 No personal information is collected however information is collected about how users access and use the Site. The information collected and held may include (but is not limited to):
(a) information about your computer, including, where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
(b) For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
(i) estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
(ii) store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests;
(iii) speed up your searches; and
(iv) recognise you when you return to our Site.
4. What cookies are used on our Site
4.1 The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
– We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
5. Disclosure of your information
5.1 Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
6. How your information is kept secure
6.1 The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
8. How to contact us